Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007


Well, it's a rainy Sunday night, and the second-to-last day of the year. Not a bad time to look back at 2007.

God truly has blessed our family in 2007. These are the "good old days" that everyone talks about! Here are few of the many good things God gave me in 2007:
  • Continued good health
    • My 40th birthday (January)
    • No cavities!
    • No major or even minor health problems - I need to make good use of these healthy years!
  • Great times with my great family
    • Brandon and Megan's wedding (July)
    • Best wife in the world, Cathy
    • Game nights with Brandon, Megan, Zach, and Sarah (Scrabble words - oh mercy!)
    • Summer grilling nights with new Weber grill - mmmmmmm
    • Anniversary trip to Hendersonville with Cathy (great) and Rupert (not so great)
    • Our first grand-dog, Maya (ha!)
  • Musical fullfillment
    • Three fun days picking bluegrass at SPBGMA convention in Nashville (January)
    • 34 shows with my bluegrass band, Last Road
    • Awesome 3-part harmonizing with Dave & Benji!
    • Sharing the gospel in a non-threatening way through our original bluegrass gospel tunes
    • Progress learning to play the mandolin - loving my Steffey F5!
  • Spiritual blessings
    • Another year of incredible worship services at Crossroads Community Church (www.crccsc.org)
    • Three seasons of friendship, fun, and spiritual growth with our Crossroads Life Group, led by the Prouts.
    • The privilege of serving as a teacher for my KidZone class of 3rd to 5th grade boys for another year
    • More introspection this year -- God has been allowing me to understand more and more about myself, pro and con, this year. This is helping me to tear down the tower of self-reliance in my life, and to finally begin to rely on Him.
  • Other
    • Progress on our old house - renovated the guest bathroom, new kitchen flooring, lots of landscaping
    • New iPod (love it!)
    • Another year of great joy (and great frustration) with our dog, Rupert!
I'm sure there's a lot I've missed, but suffice it to say that God has richly blessed me this past year. These are the years when I need to be investing my life in others, and setting out to acheive the tasks that God has created me to achieve.

I'm looking forward to a great 2008.

No comments: