Saturday, June 28, 2008

CD

Woo hoo!

Big news this week. My band Last Road's CD project, which took most of the winter and spring, is finally done. This week, our first shipment of CD's arrived, hot off the presses from these guys in Nashville Tennessee!

Our new CD is called "Highway 81", and contains 13 original songs, all written by band members Benji Merritt and Dave Snyder. You can listen to some sound clips here.

Here's a summary of the tunes:
  • Gospel tunes
    • Get Away From Me
    • There Is A Promised Land
    • Did I Please You Today Lord
    • This Thing Called Sin
    • Set A Place At The Table
  • Hard-charging bluegrass numbers
    • Made In The Shade
    • I Don't Like Cold Rain
    • Grandpa's banjo
    • Ansley
  • Medium and slow tempo ballads
    • One Foot In The Mill
    • Bluegrass Broken Heart
    • Knoxville
    • Highway 81
We sent some promo copies of the CD to some bluegrass-friendly radio stations, including WNCW in Spindale NC. Every Saturday, for 8 straight hours, WNCW plays bluegrass music on their show, Going Across The Mountain. Today, they played at least 4 cuts from the CD on the show, about one per hour!!! I've been listening to this radio program since getting into bluegrass 15 years ago, and it was really cool to hear my own band getting airplay along side the "big bands" of the genre.

If you are of the bluegrass persuasion, and like traditional bluegrass with strong vocal harmonies and good songwriting, give our CD a shot. If you are interested in getting a copy, leave me a comment and I will get in touch with you.

I guess its true - hard work pays off!

1 comment:

Crystal B. Brewer said...

Hey... How can I get a copy?

Tell Cathy Crystal says Hi!

cb