Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Update

Hello, world!

It's been a while since I've blogged (again). Different reason this time... There is a topic I have been wanting to blog about, an important topic, but my perfectionist tendencies are preventing progress. In fear of not writing something perfectly, I don't write it at all.

So, I'm gonna delay the important topic until the mood feels right, and just get back to blogging about whatever hits me.

We have been busy lately, of course. In the last month, Cathy and I have finished up the outdoor spring tasks (build and paint picket fence, lay down landscaping fabric, plant shrubs & such (Cathy), and spread mulch...LOTS of mulch). Then, over the last couple weeks, we painted our bedroom. What was formerly a bright, cheery yellow is now a cool, soothing lavender. Much better for a bedroom, IMHO.

So summer is here, and I'm loving it. The A/C went out on Sunday, and I had a brief taste of what life was like in the days before air conditioning. I actually kinda liked it! Well, not totally, but I liked it a lot better than freezing to death. Megan will back me up on this one (and Cathy will agree to disagree!!!)

Last Road has been busy as well. A couple weeks ago, we played three weekday gigs in the same week! Monday was a fundraiser for Lindsey Graham (sigh) at the new baseball stadium downtown, then Thursday was a corporate party, and Friday was a wedding rehearsal dinner. In addition to the gigs, we sent our new studio CD off to Nashville for printing...first copies should arrive this week! I'll do a blog post on it later.

Oh, one more thing. This past weekend, Cathy and I scooted up to Hendersonville for an outdoor antique fair. We found a couple things we liked - read all about them here. All in all, I enjoyed getting to spend some great quality time with my awesome wife.

Anyhoo, it feels good to get the ole fingers flyin' once again on the computer. More posts to follow!

No comments: