Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ambigrams

You know those blog posts that you read and say, "Wow, I wish I could write meaningful, moving, uplifting posts like that!" ?

Well, this isn't one of those!

In my long tradition of bizarre, random post topics that continue to confound and baffle my lovely wife (as in, "where on earth did you come up with that?"), I present to you "ambigrams".

Ambigrams are words that are written in a "font" such that the same word can be read when you turn it upside down. I first saw this on an album cover long ago, and since I am into calligraphy and lettering and such, I thought it was cool...

Here's an example (be sure and turn your head or your screen upside down and test it!):








(That's the word "Revelation", in case you had trouble reading it...)

Or, sometimes it reads as one word right-side up, and another word upside-down, like this one (Life/Death):






Kinda neat, IMHO.

Anyhow, here's my first attempt, using my own name...










Want your name done this way? Drop me a note on the blog, and I'll take a shot at your name!

No comments: