Friday, January 25, 2008

41



Woo-hoo! Today's my B-day! I'm 41 years young...

Today I was reading an article, and it had a suggestion I really liked. It said that once a year, on your birthday, you should make a list of things you are thankful for. The number of items on your list should equal the number of years old you are. It makes sense - the older you get, the more you have to be thankful for...

So here it goes: 41 things I am thankful for (not necessarily in order of importance!)
  1. My wife, Cathy
  2. Thick socks
  3. Heated blankets
  4. Our king-sized bed
  5. My dog, Rupert
  6. Running water
  7. Indoor heating & AC
  8. Clean towels
  9. Hoodies
  10. Wireless broadband
  11. Jesus' obedience to the Father
  12. The written Word, translated in modern English
  13. Men who put up vinyl siding (shout out to Zach!)
  14. My job at Michelin
  15. My office window (great view)
  16. Funny family stories (peanut butter, Community Cash, Zach & Betty, etc)
  17. Christmas
  18. Easter
  19. My siblings - David, Teresa, Angela
  20. iPods
  21. cell phones
  22. Music
  23. Children, in general
  24. My sons, Brandon and Zach
  25. My daughter-in-law, Megan (and Sarah too!)
  26. Heath bars
  27. Butterscotch haystacks
  28. My bluegrass band, Last Road
  29. Police officers
  30. My country
  31. The Constitution
  32. My extended family (Bob, Sherry, Fran, Steve, Mama, etc)
  33. Guitar Hero
  34. Family game nights
  35. Rupert's snaggle tooth
  36. Megan's apple pies
  37. My salvation
  38. My daily routine
  39. Good Christian role models
  40. Billy Graham
  41. Our 1911 house
Obviously, some of these are more important than others in the big scheme of things... But I have so much to be thankful for.

God is good!

No comments: