Tuesday, January 29, 2008

News


When I was in third grade, everyone knew the Good News Bad News joke. It went something like this:

Here's a brief life update in "good news / bad news" format:
  • Good news - Our Crossroads Life Group is starting up again, after the winter break. It will be good to see our "empty nest" friends again, and share life together. Leader Steve Prout does an awesome job...

  • Bad news - Today marks the 11th day of my cold (sinus infection). Yesterday, I went to the doc and got a Z-Pack, which I started on last night. But instead of feeling better, I felt worse today than ever. Must have blown my nose well over 100 times today (TMI?). Anyhow, I want so badly to feel normal again...

  • Good news - This weekend, I'm going to SPBGMA (pronounced "spigma"). SPBGMA is a massive bluegrass event at the Nashville Hilton, and is one of the two biggest yearly events for pickers and grinners. Picture a huge hotel where the lobby, hallways, and rooms are packed with people jamming round the clock. There's also an auditorium where all the "big name" national bands are playing (all day), and a room with all the top-name luthiers and instrument builders. I went last year, and it was a blast. I just hope I am well by then...I'm praying for healing!!!

  • Bad news - Lots of car problems lately. New muffler for Zach's Accord, new front brakes for my truck, new thermostat for Cathy's CRV... But, it beats car payments! (Oh yeah, I still have one...bummer).
  • Good news - My bluegrass band, Last Road, may have found a replacement banjo player. We've been auditioning guys for the last month or so, and we're ready to get someone on board before we start up with spring gigs. Sounds like an easy task, but it is tough to find someone who is compatible musically, spiritually, and personality-wise...

No comments: