Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bummed?

I'm bummed. And not for the reason you think.

I'm bummed because my sweetheart is sick, and I can't do anything to speed her recovery. Hopefully, after a few days of bed rest and taking it easy, Cathy will feel good as new. Oh, and a heaping bowl of Breyer's mint chocolate chip should help the healing process, too! ha

I am NOT bummed about the election. Sure, the election did not go the way I wanted it to, and I am disappointed. But although I think Obama's positions on economics, abortion, and foreign policy will in the long run be harmful to the country I love, I am not going to mope and despair. God is still in control, and He is still busy accomplishing His purposes through His Word, preached to the lost by His people. Our hope is not in the political process, nor either political party; it must remain in Christ, and in Christ alone.

So as Christians, we can go forward with our chins up, knowing that nothing eternal changed yesterday: God is still God, He is still in the business of saving lost souls, He still wants us to press on with the unique tasks He has given each of us, and He still wants our focus to be on Him.

And as a conservative, the same applies. I need not change my principles and values just because they are not in vogue at the moment. We need to stick to our guns (literally and figuratively, ha), speak the truth, and let the chips fall where they may.

To borrow from Republican blogstress Michele Malkin:

There is no time to lick wounds, point fingers, and wallow in post-election mud.

I’m getting a lot of moan-y, sad-face “What do we do now, Michelle?” e-mails.

What do we do now? We do what we’ve always done.

We stand up for our principles, as we always have — through Democrat administrations and Republican administrations, in bear markets or bull markets, in peacetime and wartime.

We stay positive and focused.

We keep the faith.

We do not apologize for our beliefs. We do not re-brand them, re-form them, or relinquish them. We defend them.

We pay respect to the office of the presidency. We count our blessings and recommit ourselves to our constitutional republic.

We gird our loins, to borrow a phrase from our Vice President-elect.

We lock and load our ideological ammunition.

We fight.

So, the nonstop worship of the Obamessiah doesn't get me down...I have my own mission and my own tasks, and I'm gonna keep my focus.

Good day!

No comments: