Monday, October 22, 2007

Ahhh.

Well, it's Monday night, and it is a "free night". That is, I don't have to go anywhere, be anywhere, or do much of anything.

Nights like this are nice, but seemingly rare. I thought when the boys grew up and we were empty nesters, things would be much less busy, but that's not been my experience. When the boys were little, it was church Sunday am and pm, Scouts Monday night, basketball practice Tues and Thurs nite, and church Wed night. Saturdays were pretty much spent working in the yard or on the house, so Friday nights were our only real family night.

Now, the kids' activities are gone, but my band (www.lastroadbluegrass.com) keeps me pretty busy, as well as Life Group once a week. Time seems to fly by.

I once heard a sermon that described BUSY as Being Under Satan's Yoke. I think there is a lot of truth to that, as we can stay busy doing good things, but not have time for the best things. I am often guilty of that.

So, all that to say, its really nice having a "down" night to just unwind and relax.

Ahhhh. :)

1 comment:

The Way She Thinks said...

Welcome to blog world, Brian! Happy 17th to you and Cathy!

Sarah Weber
sarahweber.org