Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Closing

Today is a notable day. And no, not because its Halloween.

Today, Brandon and Megan closed on their house! And all the things I worried and fretted and prayed about turned out just fine. Probably due to the prayer, and not the worrying (see previous post).

Tonight, Brandon and Cathy and I went over and just walked around the empty house (Megan had to work). It was really exciting to think about not only what God has done over the years in that little house, but what awesome things He has yet to do there.

It is my prayer that God will bless Brandon and Megan's marriage, and that their new house will become a home filled with love, laughter, and good memories. I pray that God will continue to allow that neighborhood to be safe and trouble-free. I pray that those rooms that hosted so many small groups and Bible study groups in years past would continue to be used by God for his purposes. (And on a more earthly level, I pray that any flimsy repairs I may have done will continue to hold up! Ha!)

So, the big move will happen Friday, but unfortunately I will be out of town (I'll explain why in tomorrow's post). It will be good to have Brandon and Megan so near by.

At the risk of repeating myself (again), God is good!

No comments: