Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Random

Random life updates:
  • Our life group dedicated the Prout's new house tonight, by praying in every room. It is a beautiful house, and I know without a doubt that Steve & Angie will use it for God's purposes in the upcoming years.

  • Brandon & Megan's closing for 202 South Pliney is two weeks from today!

  • This Saturday is our 17th wedding anniversary. God is so good.

  • New show on Discovery called "Storm Chasers"...man, I would love to go out west and go on one of those tornado-chasing vacation weeks... I've always had a fascination with tornados.

  • Election '08 thoughts. I'm a Huckabee man. He is the closest I've found to a truly conservative, Christian candidate. Oh, and Alan Keyes, too. But I like Huckabee best - a true class act.

  • Dentist appt today, with the usual outcome: no cavities. My teeth may not be the prettiest, but man they are hard as diamonds! ha

  • Started reading the book of Ezekiel today. The visions God gave Ezekiel were really fascinating. I have some trouble with folks today seeing visions supposedly from God. I think God allowed Ezekiel to see, through visions, real things in the hidden spiritual realms. I think this is vastly different from people today with charismatic leanings who are always offering up visions they have seen. If God gives me a vision, you'll be the first to know, but I don't want to think up visual analogies in my head and then claim them as "visions". Rant over.

No comments: