Tuesday, March 4, 2008

50

You ever watch Seinfeld, and it's one of those "100th episode" type shows? You know, where they take the best clips from all the shows up to that point?

Well, this is my 50th blog post!!!

So, I thought I'd hit some of the highlights of my brief (but productive) blogging career... Since my first post in October 2007 (trivia: its my only post with a title of more than one word), I have covered a variety of topics...

Family: Anniversary trip with Cathy, Brandon & Megan buying house on Pliney Circle, Christmas memories, my Dad's old watch, my awesome sons, my dog, why I love working with kids.

Hobbies: My bluegrass band Last Road playing for President Bush, a new mandolin, playing disc golf, a new iPod, restoring our old house, a reawakening in me for drawing and calligraphy, a-pickin and a-grinnin in Nashville, my take on this whole blogging thing, my strange attraction to fountain pens.

Serious stuff: my 2008 New Years resolutions, the real meaning of success, beauty, the Gospel, specific ways God blessed me in 2007, our country's greatest shame, the origin of the species, 41 blessings, true friendship, how I know God exists.

Random stuff: Favorite Twilight Zone episodes, negative people, the threat of snow in Greenville (gasp!), Dr. Seuss book.

If you missed some of these, or are a new reader of this blog, feel free to go back and check them out!

If you have time, please post a comment, I'd love to hear from you...

Here's to 50 more posts, Lord willing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 50th post!
I am fast becoming a blogaholic (reader not writer.) Thanks to you and all the other Crossroad bloggers. Thanks for making me Think! G. Self